Monday, June 11, 2012

Five Ingredient Soup

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE soup!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexican food too!!! Tortilla soup, Enchilada soup, Taco soup.....mmmmm!!! I'm such a sucker for them!! Well, I have a five ingredient soup that is not only DELICIOUS, it's HEALTHY!!! and cheap!!


Ingredients
-1 can corn
-1 can fat free chicken broth
-1 can No Fat Rosarita Green Chile & Lime Refried Beans
-1 can Peeled & Diced "Chili Ready" Tomatoes
-1 can Black Beans "Seasoned"

1. Mix all together in a pot, and stir until refried beans have "melted" and blended thoroughly. Usually by the time it's boiling its ready.


Here's the finished product! Yum!! It's 143 calories per 1 cup of soup. My bowl holds 2 cups, and you can still add a little bit of light/fat free cheese or no fat sour cream without breaking your diet! This is also one of those things that tastes even better the next day, after the flavors have all had a chance to blend. Sometimes if I'm craving something a little spicier, I'll throw in some fresh minced jalapeno's too. 

Let me know what you think when you try it! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm buying the ingredients today."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try your version. (I've never seen the green chili and lime refried beans...sounds yummy!) I've made something very similar using a few varying canned ingredients. Easy and always delicious! Your siblings always enjoy eating it and it's simple enough that they can make it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I'd made it with the green chili and lime refried beans! They're apparently new by Rosarita...super yummy not only in this, but as a side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this today and it was so easy and delicious!!! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete